Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

Too much Monday, not enough coffee



We all know that Monday struggle. 

My children are on the "working man schedule" as their dad calls it. They enjoy waking as soon as he walks out the door at 7:30 am, which in turn forces me to crawl out of bed, turn on my Keurig and begin drinking my 1/10 cups of coffee for the day. I'm kidding, I only have 5. Maybe. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Some days I don't even feel like turning on the Keurig and I load the kids up, still in pjs, and make a little trip to Starbucks. LUCKILY I only live about 2 minutes from one, so on this Monday I am most thankful for that as I continue sipping my venti iced white chocolate mocha. Which may or may not have an extra shot (always, ha!)  All in all, today hasn't been too crazy. The boys and I ventured to the bank this morning, stopping to get breakfast & 'bucks on our way home and have been doing the usual since! If you're wondering what "the usual" is, let me tell you: following behind Maddux picking up cars, trucks, blocks, clothes, dozers, backhoes, firetrucks. All day. Changing countless diapers. Seriously, I lose count. Giving baths. Sometimes more than 1. Or 2. Or 3. Keeping my kids bellies full, 24/7. I do not know how these boys eat so much or where it goes, but happy full kids/happy, er, mom? I vacuum in the 5 minute window they give me after I put all of their toys away. If I take longer than 5 minutes, you best believe there's another mess to clean up. I start a load of laundry. There is ALWAYS something to wash. Anyone who knows me will tell you I am the weirdest person about clean clothes. If you can't find me, I'm usually in the laundry room making sure everything is folded perfectly and the smell of the clothes meets my expectation. I'm telling you, weird. Before any of us wear a new article of clothing, it has to be washed. Has to. New socks. Washed. New blanket. Washed. New rags. You guessed it, washed. I really enjoy doing laundry (is that also weird?) So, continuing on, after the laundry has begun I usually pick the house up. Again. Get the boys a snack or fix lunch depending on the time & maybe if I'm lucky I get to sit down for a second to check in with hubs at work and let him know myself, and his children are still alive and well. He comes home for lunch around noon-ish which is great! We love seeing him and it breaks the day up perfectly. After he goes back to work I try to get the boys down for a simultaneous nap. Sounds crazy, right? Sometimes it actually happens. I can't say more often than not, but you win some you lose some. Major naps, and by the time I get Maddux to sleep, Major wakes. Happens (almost) every single time. The universe is against me when that occurs! I just know it. Toy pick-up continues throughout the afternoon and by 3:30 it's time to start on dinner. That's always fun because at this time both of the boys want my undivided attention so I'll sit Major in his seat on the table (no worries, he can't go anywhere or tumble off) and let Maddux stand in a chair to help me get everything ready. 4:30/5 is when dad comes to the rescue! Woohoo! Help has arrived! The boys love seeing him walk through the door and can always count on a 15 minute wrestle sesh in the bedroom. The only thing that really changes the rest of the evening is the fact I have someone occupying the kiddos while I continue to pick up toys, finish the laundry & clean the kitchen after dinner. Major is asleep by 9 and Maddux just whenever he falls over. Most of the time it's 10:30(ish). That is our day in a nutshell and what we call "the usual" here. 

We really didn't do much this weekend! It was a rather lazy one, so let's begin with Friday. My sister turned (insert age here) and we got together and planned a little surprise party for her. She is always the one doing for others and needless to say she was surprised! I always love seeing my family. There is NEVER a dull moment, when I say that I truly mean it. We have some loud, crazy family members and they make sure to keep you laughing and entertained. Maddux loves seeing each and every person as much as I do, vice/versa. I couldn't have hand picked a better fam! Let's throw in how Maddux thought everyone was singing happy birthday to him and he was seriously flattered. Hahaha! I still laugh every time I see the picture:
He thought it was his birthday. It's his world, we just live in it. Hilarious!

I have to share this picture of my momma. Most amazing woman on earth! I promise. I could go on and on, but we will be here all day so I'll leave it at that. Really. I LOVE HER SO MUCH. Mommas girl for life. Quick fun fact: I'm the youngest of 4, so she loves me more ;) Duh.

As if I didn't feel ancient enough, my niece and nephew keep growing up and it makes me want to just crawl in a corner and cry. They look 18. I miss them being little and cute. Now they're big and beautiful/handsome! It's insane. (Pictured are Kasey & Tristan)

Check out this total moms boy. Where I go, he goes. Be still my beating heart Major Bronson.

Saturday morning I left Adam to mop the floors (hehe) while I took our sweet boy to Grammy & Poppy to spend the night on the farm! He was so excited! He is very attached to them, I love it. 

This is what the rest of our evening consisted of after I dropped him off. We were left with the easiest baby on earth that basically makes you feel child-less. Might I add, he cut his second tooth Saturday as well! That makes two little teethies on the bottom, if you look super close you can see those boogers poking through his cheesy grin.

So, anyway, while we were alone (only not really) we obviously we got a pizza from THE MOST AMAZING PLACE EVER, Evaronis + a large order of cheese sticks from Rocky Tops (another awesome place). This is one of our favorite fatty meals. I could live on the cheese sticks alone. Yum! We watched The Martian that night and cuddled on the couch, missing Maddux. It's crazy how that works isn't it? The peace and quiet is nice, for like 10 minutes and then boom...we want him back. I call and FaceTime a trillion times just to see his sweet face and hear his little rotten voice. Sometimes he will talk longer than 2 minutes, but most of the time he is over it after he says "Hi momma! Wub ew!" (His version of love you, in case you didn't catch that) It was a nice evening and we were in bed by 10. Wild Perry's we are!

Sunday morning I was ready to go get that cute, mean little guy and it was an absolute gorg day! I love going to my mom and dads when it is so beautiful. The farm is like heaven on earth for me, so incredibly peaceful. The company sure isn't bad either. My brother and nephews were there this past weekend for the opening of rifle season and Maddux always has a blast with them. Adam played a little flag football with some old friends Sunday morning, so he didn't get to join us. Sad face. We still made the best of the little time there. Maddux woke up at 7am that morning and went outside at 9am. When I got there it was almost 2pm and he was still outside playing, would not go in. He is allllll boy. He loves all the dirt and dogs and grease from the garage with Poppy. 

I can't even blame him for never wanting to leave when I get there to pick him up. Can't even be mad, son. I feel you. The view mesmerizes me every time and sucks me right in. ONE DAY Adam and I will build in this exact spot. Wait for it. Oh how amazing that will be! 

Major loves the farm as much as all of us, already! Smart boy. 


And just like that, we blinked and the weekend was over. Boo. How do they go by so fast? Someone please tell me. Maddux could care less, cheesin' on a Monday. 

I hope you enjoyed reading & all of you had the best weekend! Until next time. XO

2 comments:

  1. Great read my friend!!!! And I love your shirt!!! Start linking your clothes ����❤️

    ReplyDelete