Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Mid-week madness Pt. 2 (recipes)

So sorry it has taken me this long to post the couple recipes so many have asked me for! I figured this would be the easiest way to show everyone how we make these yummy desserts. They are literally SO simple & since I've last posted, I have already made another one of the cakes. They're that easy and that delish. 


First up, we've got the Apple Cider Float I know, right? Heart eyes!
Who  doesn't love apple cider. AND ICE-CREAM. Put those two together, and what do you get? This heavenly goodness. 

Hubs got the idea because the absolute only drink he will ever order at Starbucks is the Caramel Apple Spice. Will not drink coffee, or try anything else, just that. So, obvi when he says he wants one I am all for it because that means I get some coffee - and let's be real - give me all the coffee. Please.

This is all you need for this sweet, caramel-y drink; PLUS ICE-CREAM (not pictured, whoops!)
  1. Brew the Hot Apple Cider as you would in your life saving Keurig.
  2. Drop in 2 scoops of vanilla ice-cream.
  3. Add a DASH of cinnamon.
  4. Drizzle some of the caramel sauce over all of that.
*We also added a little whipped topping over all of that, and more caramel sauce.

& VOILA! Drink up and thank me later ;)

Moving on to our FAVORITE CAKE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH . . .

I am always getting asked what kind of cake this is and for the recipe. There are tons of different versions/names all over Pinterest, but we use the same ole one every time because we cannot get enough of it. It is most frequently called "Better than sex cake"
Yes, you read that right. Better than sex cake. That is all I will say about that. Bahaha!
Seriously though, it is mouth w a t e r i n g. If you're looking for some added calories, this recipe is just for you! 

Here's how we make it. I'll also link a more specific recipe if you don't like my scattered instructions.

What you'll need: 
Yellow cake mix
(3 eggs, oil, water - for cake mix)
16 oz. Cool Whip
Caramel sauce (I use the sauce pictured above with the cider recipe)
6 Heath Bars
1 can of sweetened condensed milk

  • Preheat your oven as instructed on the back of your cake box (usually 350 degrees) & bake accordingly!
  • Poke holes all over cake. You can use the end of a cooking utensil, fork, toothpicks - whichever you prefer (I use the end of a utensil for bigger holes)
  • Pour sweetened condensed milk all over cake and make sure it goes in each hole. 
  • Drizzle caramel sauce all over!
  • Place in refrigerator and let cool completely.
In the meantime you'll need to break up all of your Heath Bars. I place all 6 of them in my blender and use the "chop" option until there are no big pieces left. BUT I have also just crushed them on my cutting board with a can of tomato soup before. In case you don't have a blender. I found that was way easier and less work for me.

  • Once the cake is completely cooled, cover in 1/2 of the Heath Bars.
  • Now, add your Cool Whip as "icing"
  • Time to add the remainder of the candy bars!
  • Last but not least, MORE CARAMEL DRIZZLE.
  • Put that baby back in the fridge for a little while longer.
That's all there is to it! I wish that every person reading this post makes this cake. At least. You won't regret it I can assure you. Maybe gain a few pounds, but not regret it ;) 

I hope you enjoyed reading and have a couple new ideas for a little dessert! If I had to eat/drink these 2 things for the rest of my life, I would not be mad about it. Hope you've all had the best week/weekend! Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment