Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Home Makeover / Pt. 1

You may have seen in my previous post that I got a new Mac! IN LOVE.
For the first couple weeks we kept it in the kitchen...on the counter, on the kitchen table. Super classy, you know. In that time frame I searched and searched for a small, white, sturdy, suitable desk to put the computer in our room. It had to be within certain measurements to fit in the small space I wanted to put it. LOW & BEHOLD - AMAZON - I am slightly obsessed with Amazon. If I need something online, it is the very first site I type in to see if they have whatever it is I need. Not to mention, it does not get much better if you're an Amazon Prime member. Free 2 day shipping. Sign me up! I've been a member for over a year now and it has saved so much money on several items. Worth it, times infinity. So, back to the desk. I found the perfect desk there and ordered the second I got a free minute! Of course I read every review (always), some were very pleased, some said it came damaged, some said it couldn't hold a lot of weight. But, the good reviews outweighed the bad ones by a long shot and I took my chances. Well, I LOVE IT. I've already told a few people about it and where they can get it because it really is amazing if you're looking for a not so humongous desk. With a desk, you obviously have to have a chair, so to Amazon I went! Badabing-Badaboom. I found a chair that went perfectly with my desk purchase.
*I'll share the link for the desk/chair at the bottom of my post ;)

When everything arrived Adam was at work, so I threw my working gloves on (not really-it wasn't too strenuous) and put all of it together! I was too anxious to wait on him...and if we are being honest here, I couldn't stand it in the kitchen a minute longer.  I got the desk assembled and it's still standing, so that means I did good, right?! The clean up after was fun *eye roll* I had 2 tiny helpers, and by helpers I mean 2 tiny humans that shredded the 18 trillion pieces of styrofoam from one end of the house to the other. I hate styrofoam. I bet I vacuumed 15 times that day between preparing the perfect spot I had picked out for this, unboxing the chair, putting the desk together AND conditioning our chalkboard wall --- yes, a chalkboard wall. In my kitchen. An ENTIRE wall of chalkboard. It is as awesome as it sounds & I promise to share that with you later.

SO now that everything was together; desk, chair, computer all wiped off and ready for their new home in our bedroom; I realized "I NEED DESK DECOR" I really didn't feel like driving 40 minutes to Target and Hobby Lobby was closed, so off to T.J.Maxx I went with a smile on my face. I found everything I needed + more that night and got it all placed on my little desk and only rearranged everything 29 times. I am happy to share with you the ALMOST finished product of the beginning bedroom makeover. It's cozy, neat, simple, clean and everything I imagined when I pictured it in my head. It's nothing extravagant, but it reflects me.

*Please note: I still want to get a lamp, I haven't decided if I want a floor lamp, or to find a spot for one on my desk. I also still need a pouf ottoman to put under my feet and a small trash can.

Drum roll please


I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. You'll get the finished finished product eventually!

If you noticed the post title: Home Makeover; pt. 1, we are making over everyyyy room in the house. It will be a slow process, but I plan to share the little details with you throughout the entire thing. This desk accomplishment is just the beginning. I wish I could tell you everything I have in store, but what's the fun in that?! Can you pick up on the theme I'm going with? That's the one and only hint you'll get. 

*Everything pictured, as far as desk decor/stationary I got all of it from T.J.Maxx! FAV.






During this whole makeover I have created several wish lists/idea boards from places I plan to purchase e v e r y t h i n g from. Take a look! Do you love these stores/sites as much as me?! If you have more suggestions, please let me know! But these . . .
Seriously obsessed.










Thanks for reading! Until next time. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment